Friday, July 26, 2019

Your mind and You


This is so easy to say right? It’s like telling a fish to conquer water or telling a wild animal to conquer the forest it lives in. And that looks absurd. How can a fish conquer water? Does the fish even know water is separate from it? I don’t know. Should ask the fish right??πŸ˜ƒ

Likewise, Are you different from your mind or are you your mind? Are you controlling your mind or is your mind controlling you? Tough questions right? When I started to just enquire and look, I heard many voices in my head conflicting each other or supporting each other. When I looked further I heard two voices prominently. My mind (conditioned) and one more voice. Let’s name it my conscious. Ok? Then I started the practise of moment by moment noticing what my mind was thinking. I called it the chattering of my mind. Then I saw whatever my mind was saying, I (my conscious) started to question from where it’s coming(source of that thought) and what emotion I am feeling with that thought. If the feeling was empowering, then I would listen to that, else discard it. I also started to notice that it became difficult when in a dilemma, I would either resist my mind or submit to my mind. I thought submitting was acceptance. Recently I discovered that was just compromising. 

Regarding what’s acceptance, I’m still discovering. Will share later. 

How about u and I starting to notice those voices? Maybe you can then make them your friends? 

A noticing day πŸ˜ƒ

2 comments:

  1. Excellent.. inquiring πŸ˜… just dropping certain dialogue s . Conscious deal the moment in it's it' way. In empowering context.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We should go with good thought good action to get good feeling

    Or

    Go with good thought , wrong action , and feel good

    ( as judge and police punish guilty , it look like bad action, but thought behind is to maintain law )


    Being authentic to your inauthenticity
    Is the first step to start the journey of friendship with minde.

    ReplyDelete