Friday, July 19, 2019

Fact or fiction?

More than often, we tend to collapse our feelings with the actual fact and tweak it to make it the way we want to think about it. And then we add some thoughts from our past to make it more dramatic. As a result the fact or ‘whatever happened’ doesn’t remain just as that. It becomes something different with our feelings and past thoughts added. And the drama starts in our own mind and in reality. Wow. A great recipe to complicate our life’s, right??😃.

For example, when my son said that he didn’t want to go to school, I got angry and anxious, not on what he said. But the meaning I put to what he said. And the meaning I put was, that maybe he’s acting like this because I didn’t give him enough time and I’m an incapable mother. Guilt also came up. I started blaming myself and the drama started in my mind. For some time I indulged in that drama. After some time I asked myself is this what my son meant or I’m only making up that meaning. The best way was to ask him and I did ask. And the answer was so simple and nothing to do with me being a mother. He was happy with me but unhappy with something happening in school which when we spoke, we resolved. So simple right?

So Just separate the fact from your feelings and thoughts and you’ll make your life simple.

A simple morning 😊

1 comment: