Monday, July 29, 2019

Me and my silence


About a decade ago, I had a family with 2 children and an intelligent man as my spouse. Also both of us had jobs(according to our qualification) that paid us well. As per the standard of the society, this is a normal happy life. Right? And I had that. But I was still irritated, angry, unsatisfied and felt unloved. 

Then came the biggest blow of my life. The event that turned my life’s track. The death of my daughter and in laws in an accident. This event had the power to cut me away from life or awaken me to life. The choice was to me made by me. That’s when my journey to discovering who I am started. Yes, I chose to wake up to life. In that process, another blow was waiting in the corner for me. My spouse wanting divorce from me. Even there I had a choice to become a victim or have the power to give him(and myself) freedom. I chose the latter. 

I also chose to quit the well paying corporate job to work with adults and children to enable them to discover themselves. 

And every choice I made was the result of the silence within. The silence where conversation with self became possible. Where I could meet myself. 

Today I have myself and my son and I’m a life educator. According to the standards of the society, this may be an average sad life. But I’m so peaceful, happy, content and satisfied. 

So for self, success and silence (within) go hand in hand. And my life is for my sake. Not to look good to the society. Dow whom do you want to make choices? 

A week full of choices 😊

6 comments:

  1. Padma
    Your expression is simply superb !!
    If you are satisfied with your decision then everything is perfect !

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are an inspiration to many people including me. Living for the self is more satisfying.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing expression of yourself Padma.. It's really inspiring. It takes a lot of courage to lead a life created by us nowadays

    ReplyDelete
  4. Realization of the past make us feel good,but how we carry forward the same ,without let it go ,is the area we should focus and work on it , its beyoid our visualization, talk/speek , or the action we do , its only felt and maintained till we get out of this world .

    ReplyDelete