Wednesday, July 10, 2019

Life and You


What a wonderful expression of word, commitment and choice. I completely connect to this poem.  Taken from the collection of poems by Rupi Kaur, I wanted to share this with you all. I’m sure all of you will connect to this in your own way. 

When it comes to listening to life, I remember the arrogance that I was 10 years back refusing to let go of my righteousness and then life gave me a blow. An accident in which I lost my daughter and in laws. Then I woke up to life and started listening and learnt what’s being responsible. I learnt how my use of language impacts my life and living. And I started to speak responsibly with myself and others. 

Finally when I had to raise my son single handedly, I learnt the power of choosing. Choosing life the way it is and loving it that way as it is. I found peace and joy. But before that struggle I did. A long struggle that gave me the strength to stand the other blows of life. 

Do share what comes up for you as you read this poem. Have a thoughtful day. 


No comments:

Post a Comment