Tuesday, June 16, 2020

Ants and humans

There are lot of lessons we learn from ants on resilience, connections and their team management ways. But today I want to share a lot of questions that arouse in my mind regarding the places they choose to reside. 

Yesterday in my blog, I mentioned on how I got awakened when I saw I was about to step on the ant colony. I started to wonder, are they not aware of the impending and perpetuating danger? Many times they would have been destroyed and many ants would have died. But still they continue reconstructing there only. My human brain is unable to comprehend this. 

In my human mind, once or maximum twice if I’ve faced the same danger, I do something such that I’m safeguarded from that danger. Isn’t it? And fear starts to develop. Like we don’t stay at places which are susceptible to volcanoes or earthquakes. Even if we do, we take enough precautions like constructing houses with light materials to ensure we don’t die. That’s our survival instinct. 

But ants are not even doing that !!!! And as we know ants are the earliest specious who’ve survived all catastrophes and still survived for billions of years. And they are considered intelligent too. So I’m intrigued why then do they still construct their abodes in the middle of the path where humans (dinosaurs for them) walk? Aren’t they afraid for their survival? Or are they only community beings and have no value for individuals ants that they aren’t bothered about some ants dying? 

All these questions have been running in my head since more than a week. And when my individual mind couldn’t think ahead, I thought of planting these thoughts into my fellow beings minds 😉. So here I am writing and you are reading. Please respond if you can see some views in your mind such that collectively we can learn something about fear from this. 

So ants are the oldest species to survive inspite of living around us and always susceptible to be killed by all other species. Still they survive.  How? Don’t they get afraid at all or do they have a way to manage their fear? 

Come on. Think 🤔 

3 comments:

  1. Super blog akka... This is my understanding..
    Ants are very clear on their destination. Together, collectively they are fearless and dance in a queue and reach... If they are alone, they do get scared if they get killed but they always try to move away being alert and wait for the crowd again and keep on trying to reach... Never give up...
    Same way, we in our lives, to do any great work, if we are clear on the cause and goal, pure thought , we are not afraid, the crowd comes and work happens. Alone if we struggle and imagine, we end up in fears and assuming something. That's why we are so many in numbers.. Humans and other species also.

    I just shared my thoughts. Let me know if you feel any other good view...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just gave it a thought ..
    I thought probably ants don't have emotion and thier only motive is to work hard ..
    But then I googled ..
    They too have some level of oxytocin production (which is also called love hormone) and are social enough like human beings and we have a lot in common genetically...
    I'm surprised why we aren't like them ��

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also echo Sireesha thoughts to a large extent..

    ReplyDelete