Monday, June 8, 2020

A moment of love

Here I was, sitting in my college, reading. The cleaning lady Chaitra walks in and tells me, "Was Chiranjeevi Sarja cremated? Isn't it unfair this happened?" and I said "I don't know whether it's fair or unfair, but it's just karma I suppose". 

Then I noticed a thought which asked me, "Did you hear to her to reply or to really listen to what she was feeling?" Did I have to reply so philosophically to her? Was it needed? Was I showing my up-man-ship? That I know life better than her? Whom was I proving this to? To her or to myself? All these questions brought a smile on my face. And I started writing. And as I am writing, my smile is turning into a laugh.

In the background of instrumental music "chooker mere man ko kiya toone kya ishara", I started to ponder and wonder and singing as well. WOW... What a moment I had created!!! My thoughts touching me... I love my mind 💗. Just then "sagar kinare dil ye pukare" music enthralled me immensely that I and my mind went to the beach. We had a lovely minute there together. I am really very proud of the mind that I have and I am simply in awe. We do fight a lot, but we reconcile, sometimes I agree to my mind and sometimes my mind agrees to me. It's a highly harmonious relationship we have and I am very grateful for that.

See, I got distracted (or did my mind distract me?). Whoever did that, forgiveness is always available. Back to what I was speaking, Why do we actually listen to people? To reply to them or to understand them? Or is there any other agenda? 

I want to very honestly say that my mind is programmed to 'listen to reply'. But I want to 'listen to understand'. And so I asked my mind 
"Can we listen to understand?". 
My mind said "That's difficult"
I asked "Can you make my want as your want? Lets do this together"
And my mind said "No big deal, let's do that"

And so my practice of 'listening to understand' starts..... Would you want to also embark on this journey? Just say yes here or message me...







4 comments:

  1. Yes we are designed , but we take action prone to accident

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful write up. Could resonate with each and every word.
    Keep writing! Keep lighting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautifully expressed...
    I totally agree with you...

    ReplyDelete