Friday, June 5, 2020

Moments of life - My new teacher

Yesterday, I went to my friends home and got to meet his adorable daughter who invited me so sweetly that her demand to play with her was like an invitation to enjoy. 

She held my hand and pulled me into the house and made me sit down with her. We started playing. She gave me a toy sweet corn to eat and she took a toy capsicum to eat. We both acted eating. Next she gave me the capsicum to eat, I said “it’ll not be nice to eat it raw, so I’ll eat sweet corn only”. She then took it back from me and gave the sweet corn. She ate and she said “it’s yum yum, it’s not yak”. Hearing this awakened something in me. I saw how I was missing on life.

What joy did I get by knowing about capsicum as a vegetable? Who lived that moment more? Sharvi or me? Even though she has no knowledge of that object, her presence to life made me be in awe with her and i said “ok, give me the capsicum, I’ll eat and I said it’s yum, yum” and we both laughed. 😃. And I honoured myself and that moment in life.

So I realised, its not that knowledge gives you joy always...Knowledge takes away joy too. So I decided to know what Knowledge means.. and what I found was "learning from experience and exposure, be aware of through observation, inquiry or information". This meaning is so vast but I am disappointed at how we've restricted this to only "information". 

So it's information that stopped me at that moment with Sharvi to enjoy that moment. And I am thankful that I could catch myself at that very moment to be with that teacher of mine Sharvi and honour her by learning from her at that instant. Thank you my dear teacher..Sharvi.. 

I realised that I have no idea where my learning will come from. So I am practicing to be present to be present in moments of life. 

Happy living my dear friends.....

1 comment:

  1. The lessons you draw from every little incident are so deep and meaningful. Thank you, ma'am for enriching our lives as well with these stories.

    ReplyDelete