Friday, September 6, 2019

Adult Children


Being a life coach, I get to speak to a lot of people of different age groups. Young children (actually children) and also Adult children(like you and meπŸ˜ƒ).

Speaking to young children I’ve heard them say “my parents say whatever they say for my good and they are right” even when the parents have rebuked them saying “you are dumb” or “you can’t even do this much?” Or “so silly of you”  or any small criticising remark reaches as a truth to the child. Even if it’s a joke, the child takes it seriously. This is because they love you to the core. And whatever comes out of your mouth is etched in their minds. They just can’t stop loving you. But because they feel that “I’m not good enough to please my parents who are doing so much for me”, they stop loving themselves.

This is what happened to you too when you were a child and that inner child keeps still asking for that love and acceptance from the Adult you. Notice, you may be following the same parenting style of your parents if you liked it or against it if you disliked it. That doesn’t work. Your children are different from the way you were. You also need to learn by trial and error. And they too need to make mistakes and learn. Allow them to learn and you too learn with them.

A learning morning to you πŸ˜ƒ

3 comments:

  1. I got that,
    Every one are whole and complete .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very true...and how very important for parents to understand their responsibilities of raising a child to have positive attitude to really experience joys of life.

    ReplyDelete